Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Uneventful day


video game boys
Originally uploaded by Life on Wheels.

I suppose when you set out to blog and take a memory picture of each day, you're bound to have an uneventful day. Well, mine happened sooner than I thought. I made it to January 3rd!

I had an orthodontist appt. this morning and then the boys and I went to the library to work on class planning and the boys played games on the library computers (is that allowed?). Anyway, then we came home and I worked some more.

The great thing about today, though, was that the boys had a stellar afternoon as "brothers". They got along so well, without fighting or whining. It was awesome. They played video games together (pic of the day). Then they went out and played king of the hill, shirtless, on the giant snow mound in front of our house. 2 major snowstorms of road plow creates a great king of the hill snowmound. They also played Connect 4 and exercised by running laps in the house and doing push-ups and stuff.

I know that these days of brothers will go through difficult times as they get older . . . so I chose to really enjoy this day of their "brotherhood".

Where does the time go? Seems like just last year that I would be playing games or throwing the ball around with my brother as kids. I try to tell my boys to not be in a hurry to grow up and to enjoy these days of relative lack of responsibility and stress.

Anway . . . that was my day. How was yours?

No comments: