Wednesday, March 7, 2007

More Memories . . .

One of my old (he's not old . . . because that would mean I am old!) high school buddies has recently reconnected with me and has left some comments here on my blog (Dave C.).

I just want you all to know that I thought the world of Dave C. He was the nicest guy, the most dedicated athlete, an incredibly intelligent kid, who never had anything but a nice word for anyone. He was a great friend, and I was always sorry I lost touch with Dave after H.S. I was so excited when I received an email from him that he had "tracked me down".

Dave, I look forward to getting to know you again . . . and maybe your family too. We all need good friends in this world.

So, Dave, here is a memory I want to add. I know this is weird, but it made an impact on me. One night, we were talking on the phone. I don't remember the topic(s) of conversation (sorry). However, you mentioned that you were kicking around your hackey-sack (remember those???) and you lost it somehow. You said you were in your room and you were just kicking it and then somehow lost it. Well, I said, "Did you check in your trashcan?". Now, it is important to note here that I had not ever been in Dave's room. I didn't even know if he had a trashcan (although it is a relatively safe assumption I admit). I don't even know why I said that . . . maybe I was looking at my trashcan or something. Anyway, as you can probably guess, it was in the trashcan. Now, Dave, I remember you being pretty impressed that I had guessed/said that. I remember feeling very proud that I knew where your hackey-sack was.

How'd I do? Do you even remember that at all? (It's ok if you don't!).

Anyway, that's my friend Dave, that I have not seen in so many years . . . yet here we connect again. Technology is fun.

1 comment:

Dave Clark said...

You gave me too much credit. I'm really a selfish lazy butt, but sometimes a good actor. How else could I get my wife to marry me? As I believe you've learned, God takes my extreme little and makes something much more out of it.

Wait till I tell you what I've learned about my Dad that affected how I was raised. Then you'll know the real Dave much better.

I really don't remember that phone conversation, but, I do remember trying to get good at kickin' around that sweet sack of beads for hours and hours, so, I beleive you. I've never been good at remembering details from the past. What's your name again?