Friday, March 9, 2007

New Toys

We are not the wealthiest people in the world . . . but we don't want for too much. However, we certainly don't have a lot of extravagance. We live in a modest house, drive safe and decent vehicles, our kids have a couple of things like drums and guitars and get to play soccer.

Although, I don't often wish that I was rich, I have been coveting a few new toys lately.

First of all, my wife is trying to start a photography business. I would love to buy her one of these, these and these. (Ha! Made you click!)

Also, I have a PDA that I use for everything . . . it keeps my life together. It is starting to show it's age a bit, like the battery lasting a day, when it used to last for weeks. Also, the letter writing screen does not read like it used to. I also have a cell phone that is looking like it was used as a doorstop with a psychodelic front screen after it was dropped the last time. I have been thinking lately that I would love to be able to combine them into a new Palm Treo 750 Smartphone.

But, the grand-daddy of all new toys I saw on the road a couple of days ago and it blew me away. Now, I am not a car guy. I don't salivate over cars. I don't dream about them and I certainly don't do what this guy does (WARNING . . . may be very disturbing to some)!

This little beauty did make my car envy spike to new levels. It was so eye-catching and interesting to look at. It looked like speed. I checked the website and they have an orange one that just made it even more appealing to me (I like orange). For a guy who has to drive the same minivan for the last 8 years while his wife gets to drive a sweet 4x4 truck . . . this one made me drool. Mid-life crisis? In car only. I will gladly keep the sexy 32 year old blonde bombshell I call my wife in the passenger seat with me.

So, what is my new favorite car fantasy? The 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

We're looking for a few guest authors at the Photopreneur blog - might be a way to kick start the photography business (the blog has launched before the actual site).

Maybe we can ask both of you to post an article once in awhile (show off her pictures, capture your 'three dots'). Hey, it's better than watching TV:-)

Either way, keep up the great voice here.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jay! Wow, I was wondering how often the blog got updated! smile....I kept looking then all of the sudden there were several!

Ok, we don't want for anything either, except for the things we want....ha ha.....
Steve has his eye on a scion......yes the breadbox car....he just test drove one yesterday with Savannah! Our car leaked a few drops of something, so we are taking that as a sign that its time.......NOT! Big Smile!

Dave L. was telling us though that its not much of a family car....no leg or trunk room! So!

I want for free time, but I see it coming soon next year with Savannah in school!


As a family we want for a vacation to Tennessee, Dolly World and the smokey mountain area! But that is a few summers away yet, if we save our pennies! smile

Thank the Lord that we want for mere things, and not love and happiness!

Love you,
Em

Wheels said...

"Thank the Lord that we want for mere things, and not love and happiness!"

Well said Em. Me too!