Sunday, April 22, 2007

Who are your favorite bands?

Any music lovers out there? I know my dad is, and I consider myself to be a music purveyor. Just this last week I got to see my favorite band Wolfmother at the Fillmore. However, I am definitely a mainstream music person. At least that is what my little musical knowledge is limited to. Both L and I have friends that could rattle off 100 lesser known bands and who they sound like and where they are from, etc.

One of these walking musical encyclopedia friends of mine just turned me on to an incredible website for music lovers. It is a website where you enter in one of your favorite bands, artists or song and it will put together a radio station of other bands that are similar. The cool thing is, many of these bands are ones you have never heard of before, so it really increases your exposure to different bands that are similar to one you already like. I found it quite fascinating. It plays the full song too, not just a snippet.

So, try it out and let me know what you think. The site is www.pandora.com and it came out of the Music Genome Project. Very cool.

Also, please leave a comment as to who your favorite current band is and I will give it a listen.

P.S. - For those of you web-savvy people out there, please notice the very simple yet stylish interface with the integrated full-screen and dynamic advertising.

No comments: