Saturday, February 3, 2007

Green Tea

I have found my new favorite beverage that is finally going to allow me to kick my pop/soda/cola (whatever you call it there) habit ... green tea!

I love this stuff! I have been drinking three cups a day for about 3 weeks now and I feel great! I have always struggled with hypoglycemia and blood sugar spikes and crashes from sugar and caffeine, and green tea has really helped even things out for me. I read that the caffeine is about 1/3 of what you would get in a cup of coffee and even less than pop, and it is released much more evenly so there are no spikes and crashes. There are many health benefits to green tea, making it one of the healthiest drinks you can enjoy.

I am just now beginning to learn about its amazing history and culture, but I do know that green tea will and has already changed my life for the better. I haven't had a sip of pop in weeks (except for an occasional Hansens . . . and look what they have now!!) and I feel great! All the other times that I have tried to kick the pop habit, I have had to suffer through headaches and that "blah" feeling for a while.

So far, I have only tried Yogi Green Tea Energy, Yogi Green Tea Rejuvenation, Stash Organic, and now Tazo (China Green Tips), which is my favorite so far. I haven't tried any looseleaf varieties yet, but I am looking forward to getting into that as well. First, I have to shop for a teaset (does that sound like a pansy? I don't care . . . it's that good!).

Care for a cup of tea?

Update: Want a KitKat (Matcha) with that?

No comments: